Friend, I believe that every single citizen in this country deserves equal representation in congress. That is what dollar for democracy is all about. I’m asking you for $1. That’s it! Just one dollar is all it takes to align the power of the U.S. Senate to “we the people”.
There is more at stake than ever before. We’re living in unprecedented times. The partisan divide threatens to undermine our national unity even as we face larger challenges than ever before.
- Climate Change is a catastrophe; and an opportunity for America. With bold new funding for green infrastructure, we will continue our tradition of leading the world in technological innovation.
- Women’s Rights are under siege; Texas has introduced draconian rules. I proudly support the Women’s Health Protection Act to ensure women are equals in our society.
- Small and medium-sized businesses are under more pressure than ever before. Many are disappearing in a world that tilts toward the ultra-rich. I support reforms for the SBA and the USDA. Together, we can center wealth creation locally in our communities.
- Family farms are disappearing due to the oligopoly of seed companies. I proudly support legislation that allows family farmers to hold back their seed stock without big brother—additionally, funding for Country of Origin Labeling (COOL) to enable small market providers to access global markets.
- Rural high-speed broadband services barely exist, limiting rural Americans’ access to the 21st-century economy. I pledge to invest in fiber and broadband systems that guarantee blanket coverage of high-speed broadband for all Americans.
- Education access depends on the wealth of the zip code you live in. I support policies for the Department of Education to equalize funding no matter where you live. Schools should operate five days a week and hire teachers at competitive salaries to ensure America’s future starts on an equal footing.
Dollar for Democracy.
I pledge to constantly answer to constituents right here in Missouri. We all know that politics are corrupt. The reason for that is simple, some awful apples among the ultra-rich have made it insanely expensive by donating billions of dollars per election cycle, often anonymously to 501c’s. Who then spend in support of or against candidates. They use their money to control who has power and who doesn’t. To equal the playing field, I’m proud to launch Dollar for Democracy!
So what’s a people-aligned candidate to do!? This is where you come in! We need massive campaign finance reform to stop the ultra-rich from having outsized representation in the halls of Congress, and this is how we will get it. There are over 6.1 million Missourians and more than 330 million Americans! As the old saying goes, there are more of us than there are of them. When we all stack up against our collective dollars, with Dollar for Democracy, the ultra-rich and their dark money don’t hold a candle to our collective power!
Let’s take our country back into our hands. It’s on you to save us from the special interest (the ultra-rich). No politician can do it alone, it’s going to take all of us, and that starts with you.
Give one dollar today and get three of your friends to join you. Then share this on your favorite social channel with the tag @TShepard4MO and #DollarForDemocracy. Make sure you include what issues you care most about and tell me what your dollar represents so that I can represent you in the U.S. Senate!